Author Topic: Registration Process  (Read 3254 times)

Kameron Pence

• Secretary - GaTSA Executive Committee
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Registration Process
« on: September 10, 2015, 07:23:00 pm »
The Georgia National Fair has a separate registration system that GaTSA has absolutely no control over.  You must register with the fair AND[ with GaTSA to be fully registered.  If you have only done one of the two registrations you may not be allowed to participate in the GaTSA competitions.

Register here first -> GaTSA  http://gatsa.org/ems/advisors/login.php?target=Conference-Registration/index.php
Register here second -> GNF http://georgianationalfair.com/youth-educational-exhibits/

The GNF process is complicated.  Allow yourself enough time to complete it.

Some terminology at the GNF site:
Exhibitor - The student or the student group
Club - Your School's TSA
Class - Competition being entered

This is very important.  Think of their site like you are ordering something online.  As you enter students you are creating a "cart".  You must submit that cart just as you would placing and actual order.  If you navigate away or close the browser after entering all of your information, but have not submitted your order yet, you lose everything and will need to re-enter it.  You can save your cart for editing later, but if you do not go back and submit it, then you actually haven't registered.

ckicklighter

• Global Moderator
  • TSA Board of Directors 2014-2017
    • View Profile
Re: Registration Process
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 08:24:21 am »
Mark Flowers brought up a great point about the GNF registration. It is completely controlled by GNF and they ask for all of the information on each kid participating because if they place high enough in an event the GNF actually gives the student prize money. So that's the why behind all of the cumbersome registration.

P_Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 10:08:56 am »
Glad to finally know why the registration is required in two different places; I suppose since there's actual money involved it makes sense.

dmorgan

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 08:45:07 pm »
OK, so did I screw up? I only registered team events and the software never asked me for individual students names, only team/school name and competition.

Kameron Pence

• Secretary - GaTSA Executive Committee
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 06:22:35 pm »
OK, so did I screw up? I only registered team events and the software never asked me for individual students names, only team/school name and competition.
That was correct

sprice

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2015, 11:58:56 am »
After reading the remarks left in the Survey Monkey Tech Day Evaluation, It is apparent that some think that GA TSA or I have the power to decide what events can be done at the fair, how we register for the event or even when Tech Day is held during the GA National Fair.

I want to make this clear. We don't.

If we did, GA TSA would ONLY use our own registration system and would never set the day to be on a holiday. Neither I, nor your peers on the Board of Directors that were elected to represent you, would not make things more difficult on us than it already is. That day was set years ago (the first Monday of the GNF Schedule. The other CTSOs follow with their own days) The fair directors have some plan that sets when the fair is held each year. During the history of CTSO participation in the fair, this situation has happened several times before.

SP